King Crimson - The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson mp3
Piano – Keith TippettVocals – Greg Lake
|2||Coda From Larks' Tongues In Aspic, Part I|
Percussion, Voice – Jamie MuirVoice – Bill BrufordVoice, Violin – David Cross
|3||In The Court Of The Crimson King|
Vocals – Michael GilesVocals, Flute, Keyboards, Mellotron – Ian McDonald
|4||The Night Watch|
Harmonium – Robert FrippViolin – David CrossVoice – John Wetton
|5||Cadence & Cascade|
Celesta – Robert FrippFlute – Mel CollinsPiano – Keith TippettVocals, Written-By – Gordon Haskell
Violin – David Cross
Mellotron, Percussion – Ian McDonald
|9||I Talk To The Wind (Previously Unreleased Version)|
Acoustic Guitar, Flute, Clarinet, Vocals – Ian McDonaldVocals – Judy Dyble
|10||Book Of Saturday|
Violin – David CrossVocals – John Wetton
|11||Peace - A Theme||1:14|
|12||Ladies Of The Road|
Bass, Lead Vocals – Boz BurrellDrums, Percussion, Vocals – Ian WallaceVocals, Saxophone – Mel Collins
Alto Saxophone – Ian McDonaldOboe – Robin MillerSoprano Saxophone – Mel CollinsVoice – John Wetton
Vocals, Percussion – Michael GilesVocals, Woodwind, Keyboards, Mellotron – Ian McDonald
|EGKC 10||King Crimson||The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson (2xLP, Comp, RE)||EG||EGKC 10||Germany||Unknown|
|ZC1D 107||King Crimson||The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson (Cass, Comp)||Island Records||ZC1D 107||UK||1975|
|LSI 75031/2, ISLD 7||King Crimson||The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson (2xLP, Comp)||Jugoton, Island Records||LSI 75031/2, ISLD 7||Yugoslavia||1976|
|3500 123||King Crimson||The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson (Cass, Comp)||Polydor||3500 123||Australia||1975|
|89 497 XCT, 89 495 XT, 89 496 XT, 89 497 XDT||King Crimson||The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson (2xLP, Comp, Gat)||Island Records, Island Records, Island Records, Island Records||89 497 XCT, 89 495 XT, 89 496 XT, 89 497 XDT||Germany||1975|
- Artwork – Bob Bowkett
- Bass – John Wetton (tracks: B1, B2, C1, C2, C6, D2), Peter Giles (tracks: A2, A4, C4, C5)
- Bass, Vocals – Greg Lake (tracks: A1, D1, D3)
- Compiled By – Robert Fripp
- Drums – Michael Giles (tracks: A1, A2, A4, C4, C5, D1, D3)
- Drums, Percussion – Bill Bruford (tracks: B1, B2, C1, C6)
- Engineer – Andy Hendrikson (tracks: A3, C2), George Chkiantz (tracks: B1), Robin Thompson (tracks: A1, A2, C5)
- Engineer [Glued Together] – Steve Nye
- Featuring – Peter Sinfield (tracks: A1 to A3, D3)
- Guitar, Mellotron – Robert Fripp
- Lacquer Cut By – HTM
- Painting [Front & Rear Cover Paintings] – Fergus Hall
- Producer – King Crimson (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B2, C1, C2, C6, D1 to D3), Peter Sinfield (tracks: A2, C3 to C5), Robert Fripp (tracks: A2, C3 to C5)
- Tape Op [Revox Manipulated By] – Peter Giles (tracks: A4)
A Personal Selection by Robert Fripp for EG Records.
℗ 1975 Island Records Ltd.
Comes with a 20-page 11" square scrapbook, featuring a complete King Crimson diary and gig list (1969-74), full with cuttings and photographs (compiled by Robert Fripp).
Issued in a gatefold cover.
Both inner record sleeves are black.
This compilation is titled "The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson" on the sleeve spine and "A Young Person's Guide To King Crimson" on the labels.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): ISLD 7.1-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): ISLD 7.1-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C label): ISLD 7.2-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side D label): ISLD 7.2-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 1, stamped, 34 & A etched): 34 ISLD 7-1A-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 1, stamped, 26 & 1 HTM etched): 26 ISLD 7-1B-1 1 HTM
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, variant 1, stamped, 39 & HTM etched): 39 ISLD 7-2A-1 HTM
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, variant 1, stamped, 25 & HTM etched): 25 ISLD 7-2B-1 HTM
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 2, stamped, 46 etched): 46 ISLD 7-1A-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 2, stamped, 32 & HTM etched): 28 ISLD 7-1B-1 HTM 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, variant 2, stamped, 31 & HTM etched): 31 ISDL 7-2A-1 HTM
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, variant 2, stamped, 34 & HTM etched): 34 ISDL 7-2B-1 HTM
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – E.G. Music Ltd.
- Produced For – E.G. Records Ltd.
- Printed By – Robor Ltd.
- Produced At – Wessex Sound Studios
- Produced At – Command Studios
- Produced At – Olympic Studios
- Recorded At – Concertgebouw, Amsterdam
- Engineered At – Air Studios
- Published By – E.G. Music Ltd.
- Published By – United Artists Music Ltd.
- Published By – Yessongs Ltd.
- Published By – Rondor
A Young Person's Guide to King Crimson is a 2-LP compilation album by the band King Crimson, released in 1976. At the time the band had split. The track selection was by Robert Fripp. Its name is most likely derived either from the famous orchestral work The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra from composer Benjamin Britten or the 1960s television series Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra, created by conductorcomposer Leonard Bernstein. This album worked as a guide for me, as this actually was my first album I got from this band. The tracks are not ion chronological order in the vinyls, and there has been a successful effort to create a dramatic progression in the music. Epitaph which opens the A-side of vinyl is my most favorite song from their first album. For me this indeed was a young person's guide to King Crimson when I ordered it at the age of 18. In fact my first encounter with the band had been Three of a Perfect Pair 84 and from the classic era I knew only 'Epitaph' as a Finnish-language cover by Hector - and BTW I still dig that version even more than the original . The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson Contents. Album infos. Buy music. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album3. Cadence and Cascade. Ladies of the Road. I Talk to the Wind. The night watch. Book of Saturday. Peace - a theme. In the Court of the Crimson King. Cirkus The Young Persons Guide To King Crimson Live Condition: Like New. Time left: 2d 7h 42m 4s Ships to: Worldwide. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the linked website at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. My favourite store. Your feedback for The Young Person's Guide To King Crimson. Посмотреть сведения об участниках альбома, рецензии, композиции и приобрести альбом 1980 Gatefold Vinyl от The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson на are so many King Crimson retrospective albums on the market that all but the most carefully attentive fans must to be hopelessly confused. Cirkus, great as it is in terms of content, doesn't help matters any. Pay attention now: whereas 1998's Absent Lovers also a two-disc live album documented King Crimson's 1984 tour in support of Three of a Perfect Pair, the last album the band made before taking a ten-year break, Cirkus includes live material spanning the band's entire career, from its earliest 1969 lineup to its later double-trio configuration. King Crimson are a progressive rock group from London, England, United Kingdom formed in 1968 by guitarist Robert Fripp and drummer Michael Giles. Though originally an all-British musical group, later members have included a number of Americans, most notably Adrian Belew, and Tony Levin. The name King Crimson was coined by Peter Sinfield as a synonym for Beelzebub, prince of demons. King Crimson's debut album was In the Cour read more. NOTE: Album covers and band images are not available due to certain legal restrictions imposed on by King Crimson's Management. King Crimson Format: Vinyl. I assume that anyone shopping for this album is an avid fan, but if you aren't already a fan, to me King Crimson is what the Moody Blues would sound like if they let themselves go to a much moodier place. These tracks are just as amazing as an adult as they were back in college, although Confusion will be my epitaph doesn't seem like such a bummer as it did back when I was a single student trying to find my way