The Style Council - The Cost Of Loving mp3
Mixed By – John Valentine Written-By – Weller
Bass Guitar – Camelle HindsMixed By – The Valentine BrothersWritten-By – Morten, Griffen, Sully
Bass Guitar – Camelle HindsCongas – Steve SidelnykMixed By – Matthew KashaSaxophone – Billy ChapmanViolin, Soloist – Anne StephensonWritten-By – Weller
|4||The Cost Of Loving|
Mixed By – Alan LeemingWritten-By – Weller
|5||Right To Go|
Mixed By – JezarPercussion – Steve SidelynkVocals [Rappin] – The Dynamic ThreeWritten-By – Weller, The Dynamic Three
Congas, Percussion – Steve SidelnykMixed By – Curtis MayfieldTrombone – Ashley Slater, Chris Lawrence, Pete ThamsTrumpet – Guy Barker, Luke Tunney, Roddy LorimerWritten-By – Weller
|7||A Woman's Song|
Written-By – Weller
|8||It Didn't Matter|
Mixed By – The Valentine BrothersWritten-By – Talbot, Weller
|9||Walking The Night|
Backing Vocals – John Valentine Bass Guitar – Camelle HindsFlugelhorn [Solo] – Guy BarkerMixed By – Carl BeattyTrombone – Ashley Slater, Chris Lawrence, Pete ThamsTrumpet, Flugelhorn – Guy Barker, Luke Tunney, Roddy LorimerWritten-By – Talbot, Weller
|TSCLP 4, 831 525-1||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (2x12", Album, Gat)||Polydor, Polydor||TSCLP 4, 831 525-1||UK||1987|
|none||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (CDr, Album, Promo, RE)||Polydor||none||UK||2000|
|TSCLP 4||The Style Council||The Cost of Loving (2x12", Album, Gat)||Polydor||TSCLP 4||Ireland||1987|
|831 443-1||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (LP, Album)||Polydor||831 443-1||Canada||1987|
|831 443-4||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (Cass, Album)||Polydor||831 443-4||Germany||1987|
- Design – Simon Halfon, The Style Council
- Drums, Percussion – Steve White
- Engineer – Alan Leeming
- Engineer, Sequenced By – Jezar
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Dee C. Lee
- Liner Notes – The Cappuccino Kid
- Orchestrated By – John Mealing
- Other [Make Up] – Lynne Easton
- Photography By – Nick Knight
- Piano [Piano Forte], Organ [Hammond], Synthesizer, Synthesizer [Bass], Electric Piano [Wurlitzer, Rhodes] – Mick Talbot
- Producer – Paul Weller
- Synthesizer, Drum Programming, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Guitar – Paul Weller
℗ & © 1987 Polydor Ltd. (London).
Made in West Germany by PDO for Polygram.
Original Sound Recording made by Polydor Ltd (London).
Produced for Solid Bond Productions at Solid Bond Studios, London in May, August and October 1986.
This record is not for sale in South Africa.
There appear some production errors on the tracklist printed on the inner sleeve and back cover. The songs B2 and B3 have been switched, and B5 is not mentioned at all. The tracklist printed on label side B is correct.
A1, A2: EMI Music Pubs Ltd. / Stylist Music Ltd.
A2: - EMI Music Pubs Ltd. /Zomba Music Pubs Ltd.
A2: Stylist Music Ltd.
A3, A4, B3, B4: EMI Music Pubs Ltd.
B1: Tembo Music Ltd.
Issued with a printed inner sleeve.
- Barcode (Text): 0 42283 14431 6
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side A, variant 1): 831 443 - 1 S 1 320 P (P = tilted 90° left) 1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side B, variant 1): 831 443 - 1 S 2 320 (0 = tilted 90° left) 1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side A, variant 2): 831 443 - 1 S 1 320 1 A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side B, variant 2): 831 443 - 1 S 2 320 1 A
- Label Code: LC 0309
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Price Code: POL 281
- Other (Boxed code by catalog number): Y
- Other (No ink stamp on back cover): PRS Hannover
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (London)
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (London)
- Recorded At – Solid Bond Studios
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Stylist Music Ltd.
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Tembo Music Ltd.
- Lacquer Cut At – PDO, Germany
- Pressed By – PDO, Germany
- Printed By – PRS Hannover
- Manufactured For – PolyGram
The Cost of Loving is the third studio album by English group The Style Council. It was originally released in February 1987. The album was recorded over a period of three months in 1986, at Solid Bond Studios owned by their lead vocalist, Paul Weller. The album is generally regarded as the culmination of the smoother, more adult-oriented sound of the band's later work. The album peaked at number 2 in the UK charts, and achieved gold status from the BPI. It featured the singles It Didn't Matter. Synthpop Downtempo Funk. The Style Council. Songs in album The Style Council - The Cost Of Loving 1987. The Style Council - It Didn't Matter. The Style Council - Right To Go. The Style Council - Heavens Above. The Style Council - Fairy Tales. The Style Council - Angel. The Style Council - Walking In The Night. The Style Council - Waiting. The Style Council - The Cost Of Loving. The Style. A full-fledged soul album, The Cost of Loving illustrated why Paul Weller's star was rapidly declining in the late '80s. Filled with bland, professional soul-pop, few of the songs have memorable melodies and the band tends to meander through the slick arrangments. Weller's lyrics were self-important and under-developed, with only the hit single It Didn't Matter making a lasting impression among the undistinguished songs that comprised the majority of the album. Listen free to The Style Council The Cost Of Loving It Didn't Matter, Right To Go and more. 9 tracks 41:12. UMG от лица компании Polydor Records BMI - Broadcast Music Inc. Walking The Night. The Cost Of Loving Album Version. It Didn't Matter, 05:49. Angel, 04:32. The Cost of Loving, 04:21. A Woman's Song, 03:04. The Style Council performing two songs from their album on Channel 4's Saturday Live which was transmitted live on the evening of 21st March . The Cost of Loving. Released 1987. The Cost of Loving Tracklist. The Cost of Loving Q&A. More The Style Council albums. Modernism: A New Decade. Confessions of a Pop Group. Show all albums by The Style Council. Band Name The Style Council. Album Name The Cost Of Loving. Type Album. Released date 1987. Labels Universal Music Group Polydor. The Cost Of Loving. A Woman's Song. Buy this album. Style Council - Waiting 4:06. The cost of loving - The Style Council Paul Weller 3:50. Listas Adicionar a Lista. A virtual collection por DiscorsiSonori